Thursday, June 01, 2006

ring ring

Here's a thought- if you've left a vague voicemail for someone you've met and are trying to schmooze, when they (God forbid) actually call you back, you probably shouldn't have to describe what you look like. That's a sign that you shouldn't be in possession of their phone number in the first place.

Also, you shouldn't lie about your height.

Or ask to call them back on a landline because you're too cheap to use your day minutes.

Or mention the time you took a "client to small claims court".

Another bad sign? If someone can live blog one of your overheard phone calls.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maulleigh said...

God, this co-worker sounds like hell. I'm sorry. I suggest a big pair of headphones: I'm not kidding!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Dating Monkey recommended you. She was right.

Much goodness here.

I feel your pain.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ruby Blathergab said...

god, oh god, my stomach hurts from laughing. I mean I truly am sorry that this idiot is such a big part of your working life, but holy hell, you have a wonderful way of skewering the dolt!

5:00 PM  
Blogger dragonfly343 said...

oh this is it. he he. I would sure hate someone like that. That's too bad. I'm sorry. I hope they're are not almost like a stalker.

3:13 PM  
Blogger repliderium.com said...

Start playing fun little office games with him.... I mean torturous ones. At one point in my "life at a desk" it was necessary to master the "fake stumble while holding a stapler and accidentally stapling your thigh" Has a long name but is soooooo much fun. Is also fun to smear a thin layer of ranch dressing on the underside of someones desk... really starts to stink after a few days.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home