Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Wha?

In the same way that you get on my nerves when you answer rhetorical questions, it annoys me almost as much when you ask rhetorical questions and expect an answer. You just asked how somebody can give their dog beer and donuts, and then looked at me, expectantly, refusing to turn back to work. So I'm left with a few seconds to decide the best answer that strikes a balance between properly inflating what you're trying to depict as your humanitarian ego (so that you'll let me be), and not requiring me to actually devote any thought to this incredibly fucking stupid question (so that I can live with myself).

I went with "I don't know", and it seemed to work. Thank God for small favors.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelly! said...

Do you think if you'd said:

"I don't know. Let me think on it for a few days and get back to you."

would have bought you some time?

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home