Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ignorance

When I tell you that I think I might be coming down with a cold, you tell me a surefire way to avoid colds is to carry a bottle of Purell with me at all times, because 80% of all colds come from people that touch bacteria on railings and such and then touch their eye.

A. That's not even Purell. That's Duane Reade brand "Hand Sanitizer".
B. A cold is a virus, and does not come from bacteria.
C. Doesn't it seem like scientists would have picked up on this before if it were really true? The fact that in hundreds of years, no one has been able to find a cure for the common cold, but people who use hand sanitizer and don't press their eyes to railings are totally immune?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Blathergab said...

"...don't press their eyes to railings..." oh my god, too funny! :)

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home