Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Actually...

The word "actually" generally relates the sentence that follows it to something that has been said recently, generally either to clarify or contradict. So when you say "Actually, yoga class might be pretty empty tonight", it doesn't really work, because I am certain that we have not spoken about your yoga class today. I'm certain of this because I know I would never have started that conversation, and if you had started that conversation, I would have pretended to be listening to my invisible Ipod.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Why do I feel like I know this guy?

I laugh daily reading your site and the girl who sits next to me probably writes a blog about the dumb bitch she shares an office with: "Now the psycho is laughing (again) with her make believe friends. It's no wonder she doesn't have any real ones."

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home